Saturday, February 18, 2006

A day out at the weekly muslim demo

Today I shall be observing at close quarters the now-weekly muslim demonstrations in Central London. Somewhere by the crowd of ranting sheikhs, you will find me doing my bit for Danish industry. I will be taking along a packed lunch of Danish bacon sandwiches and Carlsberg. To alleviate the boredom (during George Galloway's speech?), I will either be reading the latest issue of Jyllands-Posten or building a Lego church. I will be doing all this in the pleasing environs of Hyde Park, as is my right as a member of the public. I expect neither to be attacked by demonstrators nor moved on by police. And rather than me provoking anyone, it is I who have been provoked by the constant stream of noise, complaint and abuse from one particular section of society. Here's hoping we all have a good day exercising our civil and political rights.
You are viewing a post on Bel's old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ... sounds like a good day out. Hope you make it back safely.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home