Monday, October 10, 2005

Lunacy of the week 1

First, I must apologise for the late appearance of this maiden edition of the Lunacy of the Week series. I was away for the weekend.

Now, straight to business.

As expected, competition was stiff, but I have decided to award first prize to Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council. Mark Steyn in the Daily Telegraph (4 October 2005) reports that the Council has, following a complaint by a muslim employee, banned all pictures and items relating to pigs. This includes, we are told, an employee's box of tissues, because it had a picture of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

I intend to contact the Council to pass on the glad tidings of their win. I shall keep you posted.
You are viewing a post on Bel's old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home