Thursday, September 07, 2006

I shouldn't laugh, but ...

I am finding the events of the last few days wonderfully hilarious.

I know, I should be thinking of the nation, and how this crisis engulfing the Labour Party is bad for the country. I should be making the point here that this is a far more serious matter than party politics.

Maybe another day.

For today, though, I am having the time of my life. In particular, I have had much mirth over this article over at The Devil's Kitchen. Am I glad to be a Tory in 2006.
You are viewing a post on Bel's old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.

|

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, it's wonderful, isn't it?

I for one am not feeling guilty. Just imagine how Labour would have been acting if it were us in that situation. How much fun have they had at our expense?

It is now our turn.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These people are self-destructing all over the place.

No sympathy from me.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dangerouslysubversivedad said...

Glad to be a Tory in 2006? Why would anyone be glad about that? Ashamed, yes, even if you were one of the 30% that voted for David 'marginally less crap than Call Me Dave' Davis. But glad, that's just weird.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dangerouslysubversivedad, at the very least you should be excited at the prospect (and I put it no higher than that) of tax cuts and the rest.

Still, that may not materialise. But anything is better than New Labour rule.

You as a subversive should surely value individual freedom, etc.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

dangerouslysubversivedad, why should I be ashamed to be a Tory? Yes, David Cameron is not perfect. In this very blog, I criticise him quite a bit.

However:

1) we are ahead in the polls
2) we are starting to look like a Government in waiting, as the saying goes
3) we are UNITED!

A darn sight better than that shower of a ruling party. So yes, I am glad.

It certainly beats being Labour, LibDem or any other party around.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home