Monday, August 28, 2006

Grammar lessons for Sainsbury's

Good news. One less thing to get irritated about at Sainsbury's. The Daily Telegraph reports that Sainsbury's have (finally) decided to replace checkout signs saying '10 items or less'. I cannot tell you how much irritation those signs have caused me. Every time I go into Sainsbury's, I have to restrain myself from complaining to the nearest member of staff. A spokesman says that they decided to correct the signs 'as a result of customer feedback'. Interesting, that. One would not have expected that a supermarket of that size (or any size, for that matter) would need grammar lessons from its customers.

Oh, and in other news, record passes at GCSE level.
You are viewing a post on Bel's old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.

|

7 Comments:

Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Great to hear that Sainsbury's responds to the views expressed by its customers.

I have added to you my Tory blogroll, thanks for coming to my site.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

Thanks, Ellee. I really appeciate that.

Keep up the good work on your site.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One fewer thing, surely? Or am I missing the irony?

Marks and Spencer, by the way, have used "fewer" in their express checkouts for some years.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Bel said...

Yes, Anonymous. It was one of those irony things. I was eagerly awaiting comment from someone :)

I noticed the M&S checkouts the other day. I didn't know it had been that way for years.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

But 'one fewer thing' ... that sounds, well ...

1:01 PM  
Blogger Bitseach said...

Morrisons may be a bit manky for fresh produce, but as soon as they took over Safeways, the "less" became "fewer", which warmed me to them, I must admit.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

like you, bitseach, that is the sort of thing that would warm me to a supermarket :)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home